Facebook has reportedly changed its name - and we have some comments
Word on the grapevine is that the social media platform Facebook is planning to change its name.
This powerful rebranding, according to The Verge, is happening for one reason: an metaverse. In fact, Zuck wants to position Facebook as more of a social media company.
To the best of our knowledge, this move appears to be a Google reorganization under the name of the Alphabet. That means the Facebook app itself is unlikely to change its name, instead there will be a shadow business where the company will have all the individual units.
In other words, when you start up WhatsApp, it doesn't say "With Facebook" anywhere. A new moniker will replace it
Viewed from this point of view, the rebranding makes sense. The company has been pumping a lot of resources into the upcoming AR products and THE ZUCKMAN has been clear about its goals in terms of building the metaverse.
On the other hand ... this is a result of uncertain PR.
It's no secret that Facebook's hateful lies. Whether it’s a recent whistleblower fiasco, evading teen safety on Instagram, the Cambridge Analytica scandal, or dozens of other things, the company has a reputation for rubbish.
That's appropriate because, of course, it's a waste company.
This rebranding is capable of counteracting that fact. The change is an attempt to separate the poisonous Facebook name from things like Oculus, WhatsApp, and Instagram - as well as other businesses the company plans to run.
Despite all this - and because I'm a Big Guy ™ - I've decided to help out Facebook and Zuckerberg. So, totally free, here are some ideas for brand new…
Possible new names for Facebook
- ZuckVerse: Simple and up to date. Bonus points for being similar to the SuckVerse.
- Koobecaf: If so The Simpsons he did, Facebook can.
- There is nothing suspicious going on here: An easy way to draw attention. Who could suspect a company with a name like this?
- Google: What is the best way to stop people getting angry with Facebook? Get angry at Google instead. Add one or more "o" names to stop any litigation.
- : Expanding on the above idea, how about Facebook changing its name to a single place, ”” if you like. Try @ them on Twitter now.
- God: If Zuck chooses this name, every time there is a scandal, he can just go down and say "we will move in secret." That's 5D chess.
Man, with suggestions like this, I should be on Facebook's payroll. Sorry, I mean Nothing suspicious going on. This is the payroll. Guy has to eat, you know.