Friends with the benefits of the world of finance - TechCrunch
Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the start - up business, where we delve into the numbers and the nuance behind the headlines.
This is our Friday program, a rundown of top headlines, startup funding rounds and anything else that features in the world of beginners and tech. Luckily this week, we didn't talk about NFTs, and I don't think we even said "token" once.
Instead, Mary Ann and Natasha and Alex got back to what we might consider Equity's roots. Here's what we found:
- We started with a look at the recent Fertilis cycle. Fertilis is an Australian startup company working to make the IVF process more reliable. We very much follow the concept, although the startup business has a lot of work to do before moving the needle for couples hoping to animate.
- Mary Ann brought together two real Equity themes: Fintech and SaaS, but more interestingly, fintech who just wants to serve SaaS start - ups. Even though we tried to explain Arc 's relationship with the startups he serves, Alex became a friend with benefits for the financial world.
- Speaking of fintech, Brex made headlines (again) with the new promotion and its new executive team - thanks to Meta.
- We come back to the recruitment conversation, and for good reason. Career Karma (news here) and SeekOut (news here) have two different strategies when it comes to empowering company employees - and we all agreed that retention, compared to situation, future for tech hire.
- We ended with a discussion on accelerators as a result of Y Combinator news, and a campaign response to that. In addition, AngelList and the new Dorm Room Fund remind us that staying in strategy remains the way early campaign activity gets contracts.
Congratulations to you all for surviving the start of the working year at the time of the COVID upgrade. We can do this! We get through as a great team, okay?
Equality falls every Monday at 7:00 am PST, Wednesday, and Friday at 6:00 am PST, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all casts.