iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard gestures, recommendations, and customization
IPad Pro users, here are the keyboard and trackpad shortlists you should know. Also, learn how to change the global core behavior in iPadOS.
With the introduction of iPadOS 13.4 and the Magic Keyboard, Apple has changed the experience when it comes to productivity on the iPad Pro. You can now use mouse and trackpad support on the iPad to perform tasks more efficiently without having to move your hands to the screen.
I'll walk you through some of the most useful keyboard shortlists (some of which are available for the first time thanks to iPadOS 13.4), how to change the keyboard shortcut keys your keyboard to suit your preferences, and information on how to use gestures and attach a mouse or trackpad to your iPad Pro if you do not already have the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro.
SEE: Apple iPad Pro 2022: fake page (Free PDF) (Technology Republic)
Keyboard shortcuts that every iPad Pro user should know
Here are some of the shortcuts I use every day when using iPadOS. These shortcuts make life easier when navigating between apps, in iPadOS, using Safari, and using Mail.
- Command + H to go home from any app or shared screen view.
- Command + Space to show Spotlight search. You can then find and drag an app to the side of the screen to open split screen mode if the app supports it.
- Command + Tab transfer between recently used apps. To remove a recently used application from this section, use Command + Tab to move the cursor over the application you want to remove; then, while holding Command down, press Q.
- Order + S to save the current webpage on your iPad.
- Command + F found on the page; if text is already selected when using this command, the selected text will be used for automatic analysis.
- Command + Option + Tap Connection to open the link in a new window instead of the default or new tab.
- Control + Tab to see the next tab in the list.
- Control + Shift + Tab to highlight the previous tab in the list.
- Option + Shift + Left / Right when a cursor is placed in a text block, it illuminates the text to the left or right of the cursor with a word.
- Shift + Command + Left / Right selects the entire line from the left / right position of the custom cursor.
- Shift + Option + Up / Down select the paragraph above / below the default cursor position.
- Command + control + A the currently visible / selected email archive.
- Command + Shift + J move the currently visible / selected email to the Junk folder.
- Command + Shift + L the flag of the currently visible / selected email.
- Command + R responses to the sender of the original email.
- Command + Shift + R responses to all recipients of the email, including all of those email addresses CC'd.
If one keyboard shortcut is to be remembered, it presses and holds the Command key on the keyboard. When you do this, if the app supports keyboard shortcuts, a module window will appear and show all available shortcuts for the application or section of the application you are running. lookingFigure A).
How to change the global mainstream behavior in iPadOS
Ever since Apple released their first keyboard for iPad Pro back in 2015, there is and remains one of the main complaints of the lack of an escape key for indoor use iPadOS and when using a VNC and connecting to another computer and remotely controlling it.
Fortunately, Apple has added the ability for global customization (also known as the keyboard / emoji selection key) and other keys in iPadOS 13.4. By remapping this key, you can switch to a few predefined settings in Settings.
To remake the globe key (or other key), perform the following steps.
- Open the Settings app.
- Send to General | Keyboard | Hardware Keyboard Modifier keys.
- Select the globe key, then select Escape, or another action you want to remake the globe key to (Figure B) or select No Action to disable the key.
Now when you press the remapping key, it will perform the remapping action. If you ever need to restore background, you can do so from the Modifier Keys section of Hardware keyboard options by pressing Restore Defaults.
Trackpad shortcuts that every iPad Pro user should know
If you haven't already tried it, the trackpad and mouse support in iOS 13.4 has been life - changing for iPadOS users who rely on their devices every day for a variety of workflows. do at their works.
With the Magic Keyboard, Apple has added a trackpad to the keyboard cover that many iPad owners use. You can use this trackpad, or connect Magic Trackpad 2 from Apple to the iPad over Bluetooth to get the same features.
Read my article on it
for more information on this topic as well as information on how to connect a mouse or trackpad to your iPad already running iPadOS 13.4.